In the modern world, almost every family is leading a hectic lifestyle: running to work, fulfilling the household duties, taking care of the children, you name it! Yet, we do try to have a healthy and homemade dinner that will give us enough energy for the next busy day and that will also gather the whole family around the dinner table to talk about the things that have happened during the day, to discuss problems or to simply relax in a cozy family atmosphere. It will give you healthy, delicious, easy and, what is perhaps most important for busy families, fast sheet pan dinner recipes. Namely, the sheet pan is ideal for any quick meal because its thin and broad surface enables the dish to cook through evenly for a short period of time. Here we have three recipes for quick, extremely easy and healthy dinners. Enjoy!
Baked Salmon With Broccoli and Spicy Vinaigrette
Total preparation time: 45 minutes
1.5-pound bunch of broccoli divided into florets
2 tbsps +1 tbsp olive oil
salt to taste
pepper to taste
4 6-ounce skinless salmon fillets
1 chili pepper sliced into thin rings
1 tbs olive oil
2 tbsps rice vinegar
a pinch of salt
2 tbsps drained capers
salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F
2. Mix the broccoli florets with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper and put them on a sheet pan.
3. Roast the broccoli for about 13 minutes or until brown. When done, remove the sheet pan from the oven.
4. Rub the salmon fillets with one tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Put the broccoli on the sides of the sheet pan, while placing the salmon fillets in the middle. Roast for 10-15 minutes or until the salmon turns opaque.
5. To make the vinaigrette, in a small bowl mix the vinegar, the chili and the salt. Let it rest for about 10 minutes until the chili softens. Finally, stir in the capers and the olive oil and season.
6. Once the salmon is cooked, serve it with the broccoli and drizzle some of the spicy vinaigrette.
Sweet Potatoes With Beans and Rocket
Total preparation time: 1h 15 min
4 medium-size unpeeled sweet potatoes, pricked with a forkall over
1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon
0.5 tsp herbs de Provence
1/4 cup drained capers
1/4 cup sultanas
1 tsp salt
0.5 tsp pepper
1 tbs olive oil
For the rocket garnish:
4 cups baby rocket leaves
1 tsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F with put a rack in the center. Line your sheet pan with aluminum foil.
2. Put the sweet potatoes on the sheet pan and bake for about an hour or until soft enough to pierce easily with a knife. Set aside to cool.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the beans, the lemon juice, the herbs de Provence, the capers, the sultanas, the salt, the pepper and a teaspoon of the olive oil.
4. When the sweet potatoes cool down a bit, use a paring knife to cut open each one lengthwise. Do not cut all the way through! With the back of a spoon, flatten the center to make some room for the bean filling.
5. Spoon the bean mixture in the middle of the sweet potatoes.
6. Mix the rocket leaves with the olive oil. Put a handful of the rocket over each potato.
7. Return the sheet pan to the oven for another 5-10 minutes or until the rocket wilts. Serve hot.
Parmesan Chicken With Roasted Romaine
Total preparation time: 20 minutes
4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts (weighing about 7-ounce each)
salt and pepper to taste
0.5 cup grated Parmesan cheese
0.5 cup Japanese panko breadcrumbs
3 tbsps olive oil, divided
2 tbsps chopped fresh parsley
2 chopped garlic cloves, divided
2 large romaine hearts, halved lengthwise
4 drained and chopped anchovy fillets packed in oil
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and lay it on the prepared sheet pan.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the cheese, the panko, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, the parsley and one of the garlic cloves and season.
4. Spread the panko mixture over the chicken breasts.
5. Roast the chicken for about 10 minutes or until the crumbs begin to turn golden.
6. Meanwhile, mix the romaine lettuce with the remaining tablespoon of oil and the garlic clove. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Take the sheet pan out of the oven and arrange the romaine around the chicken. Roast for 5 more minutes or until the lettuce starts to brown.