Food is the greatest pleasure known to mankind. And even amongst food, dessert has got to be the most special course of any special dinner. When speaking of amazing and delicious dessert, cake is the first and foremost thing that pops into our minds. Aren’t they just the best invention? People all over the world enjoy this wonderful dessert in a variety of different flavors. What with all the modern advancement in the culinary world, we might think that the invention of all this high-tech machinery has made cake making possible. However, this is not the case. Cake has been a favorite among humanity since fairly olden times. The word cake comes from the Viking origin word “kaka”. It would not be wrong to suggest that cake is as old as bread and we all know that that is very old. Since the olden times, people have been modifying the basic bread recipes by adding things like butter or fat, milk, goat cheese, honey and fruits to make a richer and sweeter version of the basic bread. These modifications are the first and foremost recipes of cake-making.
In the world of today, cake-baking has been completely revolutionized by the culinary world. Myriad flavor variations ranging from vanilla to chocolate and so forth have become the taste of every mouth. In this book, we will explore the most popular flavor of cakes, the Chocolate Cakes!
There is nobody who does not like to eat. When thinking about food, the best part is undoubtedly the dessert. For all the sweet tooth out there, desserts are the real thing. We just cannot resist a good slice of sweet and delicious goodness. Anyone who loves desserts loves chocolate cake. Even amongst chocolate cakes, the chocolate loaf cakes seem to be very popular amongst dessert lovers. Nobody can resist this amazing piece of culinary perfection. Let us look at some of the amazing recipes that you can use to whip yourself up some chocolaty goodness.
Dark Chocolate Loaf Cake
2 cups pf melted butter
2 cups of confectioner’s sugar
3 free range eggs
A cup of raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
Half a cup of milk
4 tbs dark cocoa powder
1 tsp of vanilla essence
2 cups of chocolate chips
1. Prepare the oven by heating it to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Line a 1.5-pound loaf tray with parchment paper and then butter generously.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix together the melted butter with the caster sugar and lightly beat with a whisk until it is soft and fluffy. Add one egg at a time. Ensure that you stir after every addition.
4. Now, add the dry ingredients along with the milk and the vanilla essence folding lightly. Avoid beating at this point.
5. Lastly, add the chocolate chips and do not mix much. With a fork just distribute them a little.
6. Bake in the oven for about 80 to 90 minutes or until done.
7. Bake in the oven for 80 to 90 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and lift the cake out of the tin using the baking parchment then pop the cake (still on the baking parchment) onto a cooling rack and allow to cool fully before enjoying.You can check for doneness by piercing a knife in the center and if it comes out clean your cake is done.
Coffee-Chocolate Loaf Cake
1.5 cup of melted warm butter
1.5 cup of caster sugar
Pinch of salt (optional)
5 drops of vanilla essence
Half a teaspoon of baking powder
1 tablespoon of coffee powder dissolved in a cup of warm water (optional)
1 cup of dark cocoa powder
3 free range eggs
1 and quarter cup of flour
¾ cup of full fat milk
1. Add all the ingredients one by one to a large mixing bowl
2. Fold in all the ingredients together.
3. Now add the eggs and beat lightly using a whisk until the mixture is smooth.
4. Fold in the flour
5. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
6. Grease the baking tray or line with parchment paper. And pour in the mixture. Lift and drop from a little distance on the slab to release any air bubbles in the batter.
7. The time for baking is usually 40 minutes but this largely depends on the oven. You can check for doneness by piercing a knife in the center and if it comes out clean your cake is done.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Loaf
1 cup of cream cheese
1/3rd cup of sugar
1 free range egg
1 tsp Vanilla extract
• Mix in the cream cheese and the sugar until smooth and light
• Fold in the eggs into this until well-combined.
3/4th cup of melted butter
2/3 cups of powdered sugar
3 free range eggs
3 tbs dark cocoa powder
A cup pf all-purpose flour
1 tsp of baking powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
• Mix in all the dry ingredients and set aside.
• Beat butter along with the sugar until smooth and then add the eggs one by one and beat until the mixture is one.
• Combine the dry ingredients with the egg mixture and fold lightly.
• For assembly, in a greased loaf tin, pour in half the batter B first then pour all of batter A then the remaining half of batter B.
• Bake at 180-degree C for 45 minutes or until done. Check for doneness using a skewer or knife inserted in the middle. If it comes out clean your cake is done.