Baking Sheet Vegan Macaroni & Cheese
*The classic Mac N cheese but made in a sheet pan.
one butternut squash
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp coconut oil
¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp arrowroot powder
6 tbsp nutritional yeast
3 tsp Dijon mustard
¾ tsp garlic powder
¾ tsp onion powder
½ tsp smoked paprika
¾ Tbsp fresh lemon juice
½ tsp kosher salt
¾ tsp ground black pepper
1 10 oz package pasta
1 cup bread crumbs
1. Heat oven to 400°F, let the squash roast in the oven for 25 minutes or until browned.
2. Increase oven temperature to 425°F
3. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, slice the squash in half, remove the seeds and place the halves on the pan. Sprinkle over olive oil and supplement a pinch each of salt and pepper.
4. Roast for 30-40 minutes or until squash is tender. Flip once halfway through.
5. Let cool for 10 minutes.
6. Cook the pasta al-dente and drain.
7. In a saucepan; add coconut oil, almond milk, and arrowroot powder whisk till clumps are gone and cook over medium-low heat for 1-2 minutes.
8. Add the remaining ingredients to the saucepan, continue cooking while whisking until thickened.
9. In a blender; add ½ cups of squash along with the sauce and pulse till smooth.
10. Combine pasta and desired amount of cheese sauce in a bowl.
11. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, spread macaroni mixture on top, scatter breadcrumbs evenly over the mix.
12. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
13. Allow to sit for 15 minutes and later serve!
Lentil Ragu With Zucchini Noodles
two zucchini (courgettes), sliced into ribbons
1 can lentils (400g / 14oz), drained
four tablespoons tomato paste
parmesan cheese, to serve
salad greens, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 400°F
2. Layer a few layers of zucchini ribbons on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes until tender.
3. In a medium saucepan; Heat 3-4 tbsp olive oil, add lentils and tomato paste and cook until hot.
4. Taste and season lentils, add some olive oil if the tomato is too sharp.
5. Divide zucchini on two plates and top with the lentils.
6. Serve with parmesan and a green salad.
Potato-Kale Hash with Eggs
*Perfect for breakfast or lunch, this easy to make recipe is rich in protein and will keep you feeling full and energized for a long time.
5 cups unseasoned frozen shredded hash browns
one medium red onion, thinly sliced
four cloves garlic, sliced
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
two tablespoons whole-grain mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
6 cups chopped kale
1 cup shredded Gouda cheese, preferably smoked
four large eggs
1. Position a rack in the lower third position and preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly coat a sheet pan with cooking spray or lightly oil it with olive oil.
2. In a bowl; toss onion, garlic, hash browns, oil, mustard, and salt and pepper. Spread evenly on the prepared sheet pan and roast for 10 minutes. Arrange kale evenly on top of the mixture, roast for 5 minutes. Stir potato and kale till combined and roast for 4-6 minutes more.
3. Make four nests just large enough to hold an egg in the center. Break one egg into each well and top with ¼ cup cheese. Bake for 7-11 minutes, rotate the pan 180 degrees halfway through. The whites should have barely set when it’s done. Serve and enjoy!
Pan Grilled Sirloin Steak with Mushrooms And Shallots
*Sirloin steak with mushrooms and shallots is such a classic, and it’s a damn tasty combination.
24-ounce sirloin steak
two tablespoons hickory flavored liquid smoke
1 pound sliced button mushrooms
four large shallots sliced into rings
two tablespoons unsalted butter
two tablespoons peanut oil
1/2 cup brandy or red wine
1. Preheat oven to 450°F and place sheet pan on lower rack.
2. Let steak reach room temperature, preheat ridged grill pan over high heat.
3. Sprinkle liquid smoke on both sides of the steak.
4. On another burner heat an ovenproof nonstick skillet over high heat for 3 minutes.
5. Add peanut oil and butter and swirl pan until butter stops making the hissing sound.
6. Add mushrooms in a single layer in the pan.
7. Sauté for 2 minutes, add shallots and salt and pepper to taste.
8. After 2 minutes, take it off heat and add brandy or wine. Tip skillet over the flame to ignite alcohol or use a grill lighter.
9. After the flame has died down, place skillet in the middle of the oven.
10. Pat steak dry and cut in half, season with salt and pepper to taste.
11. Place onto hot grill pan for 2 minutes, do not touch the steak.
12. Flip and let grill for 2 minutes more.
13. Place pan in the oven on a middle rack with mushrooms for 6 minutes.
14. Remove the sheet pan from the oven and the mushrooms, place mushrooms on the sheet pan.
15. Remove steak and place on sheet pan and cover with foil, let rest for 10 minutes.
16. Slice meat to ½” slices and return to the warm sheet pan.
17. Arrange meat, mushrooms, and shallots on warmed serving platters and enjoy!
Herb Roasted Beef With Potatoes And Carrots
*Herb roasted beef with potatoes and carrots, a classic in our house and I’m sure that after you’ve tried this recipe, it will be in yours as well.
1 lb baby, red potatoes, quadrisected
1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch sticks
two tablespoons olive oil
1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 pounds bottom round or rump roast
three cloves garlic, chopped
one tablespoon dried Italian Seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Toss together potatoes, carrots,1tbsp of oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper on a large rimmed sheet pan.
2. Spread in a single layer and Nestle the roast fat side up.
3. In a small bowl; Combine garlic, Italian seasoning, 1 tbsp oil, ¾ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Rub the roast evenly.
4. Transfer pan to oven and roast till the meat reaches desired doneness. Insert a thermometer into the thickest part and remove from oven at desired temperature.